My Guide Website?
Full-Day Pinglin and Elephant Mountain Tour
Shenkeng Old Street https://www.myguidetaipei.com/events/full-day-pinglin-and-elephant-mountain-tour
Taipei: Full-Day Pinglin and Elephant Mountain Tour
- Visit a tea factory and learn about its cultivation
- Soak in the stunning scenery of the Thousand Island Lake
- Stroll along the famous 'Tofu Street'
- Take a relaxing hike along the Elephant Hiking Trail and enjoy panoramic views of Taipei City
- Enjoy guaranteed departure with a minimum of 1 participant
DescriptionAfter meeting with your tour guide and driver in the morning, you can relax and enjoy a scenic drive along the mountain road. You'll soon be taken to Pinglin, a rural district that is famous for growing Wanshan Pouchong Tea. Once there, you tour will begin with a visit to the local tea factory where you will learn about the cultivation and making of Taiwanese tea. The tea farmer will also teach you how to properly brew Taiwanese tea and the tips of tea appreciation. Following that you'll take a short ride to the Shiding District to visit the famous Thousand Island Lake. The catchment area of the Feitsui Reservoir surrounded by hills creates this unique scenery, which consists of a lake with thousands of islands. The natural terrain and climate make the surrounding area of the Feitsui Reservoir an ideal farmland for tea-growing; the noted tea plantation Bagua Tea Garden is located in this area, and from the top of the hill, the neatly planted rows of tea look just like the symbols of Eight Trigrams. You will then move to the Shenkeng District where you will visit the famous Tofu Street: Shenkeng Old Street. It’s one of the locals’ favorites for a weekend break, and is also well-known for the smelly and delicious “stinky tofu”. If you are afraid to give it a bite, you can also opt to try some tofu ice-cream. Finally, you will head back to Taipei City to enjoy a relaxing hike along the Elephant Mountain hiking trail. This mountain looks like an elephant’s head from a distance, and is a popular photo stop for panoramic views of Taipei city. Following your tour, you may choose to disembark at either Xinyi Shopping District (Taipei 101) or MRT Zhongxiao XInsheng Station.
IncludesProfessional licensed tour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected) Local transfer by air-conditioned vehicle Taiwanese local tea tasting Local general liabilities insurance
- Tour commentary will be provided in Mandarin, English and Japanese
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- The sequence and time of stay at tour stops may be adjusted according to the traffic/weather conditions