My Guide Website?
Jiufen Village and Northeast Coast Tour
, Chiufen Old Street https://www.myguidetaipei.com/events/jiufen-village-and-northeast-coast-tour
From Taipei: Jiufen Village and Northeast Coast Tour
- Explore the northeast coast of Taiwan
- Experience the nostalgic charm of the picturesque Jiufen Village
- Discover the golden age of Taiwan’s mining history in Jinguashi at the Remains of the 13 Levels
- Marvel at the unique rock formations of Nanya
- Benefit from guaranteed departure with a minimum of 1 participant
DescriptionExplore the Northeast Coast of Taipei and stroll through Jiufen Village on this afternoon tour from Taipei. Visit the Northeast Coast National Scenic Area, a popular swimming spot for locals, and drive past lighthouses, fishing villages, pastoral farmlands, and charming temples. Meet your guide and driver and take a ride to the northeast part of Taipei to discover the remnants of the gold-rush past. As you make your way towards Jiufen, stop at Nanya Natural Rock Formation, to see unique rock formations eroded by sea waters. Continue your tour as you drive past the Bay of Two Colors, affectionately nicknamed the Ying-Yang Sea due to its contrasting colors. Next, head to Jinguashi to see the Remains of the 13 Levels. Established in the 1930s, this copper and gold refining plant was shut down in the 1980s. Today this location has become a popular spot for shooting music videos and TV commercials. Next stop, Jiufen Village, once the center of gold mining in Taiwan. The gold is gone, but the quaint old village, built of closely-packed houses clinging to steep mountainsides, continues to offer enchanting scenery and fascinating glimpses into the lifestyles of the past. Sip on a cup of tea at one of the town's unique tea shops, or stroll along the quaint streets and shop for local snacks, like Tarro Balls, or souvenirs. Your tour ends with a return transfer to your chosen drop-off location, at Xinyi Shopping District (Taipei 101) or MRT Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station.
IncludesProfessional licensed tour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if the private option is selected) Local transfer by air-conditioned vehicle Local general liability insurance
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult The sequence and amount of time spent at each stop on the tour may be adjusted according to the traffic/weather conditions Tour commentary will be provided in Mandarin, English and Japanese