My Guide Website?
Group Tour of Yehliu, Jiufen, and Pingxi
From Taipei: Group Tour of Yehliu, Jiufen, and Pingxi
- Take in the striking natural rock formations in Yehliu Geopark
- Experience the old-fashioned charm of Jiufen, a traditional village
- Enjoy the chance to set a lantern afloat at the Pingxi Sky Lantern area
- Admire the spectacular scenery of the beautiful Shifen Waterfall
- Seize the chance to purchase a cup of tea while surrounded by beautiful scenery
DescriptionView Taiwan's northern highlights with this group tour from Taipei. Visit destinations like the Yehliu Geopark, the old-fashioned mountain village of Jiufen and Shifen. Start your day with pickup in downtown Taipei, and relax as you make your way to Yehliu Geopark, home to a number of unique rock formations caused by wind and sea, where you will view fascinating rock formations like the Queen's Head, Sea Candles, Fairy Shoe, Ginger Rocks, Elephant Rock, and more. Next, head to Jiufen village, which was once famous for being a gold-mining town in the 1940s, but is now popular for inspiring scenes in the film 'Spirited Away.' The success of the movie brought vitality to Jiufen’s tourism, making it the most popular destination in northeastern Taiwan. It’s recommended to have a cup of tea at a teahouse, where you can appreciate the picturesque scenery, and the freshly brewed tea at the same time. Besides the teahouses, here you can also tastes various local foods and buy souvenirs. If you have a sweet tooth, don’t miss the traditional Jiufen dessert—Taro Ball. Your tour continues with a visit to Shifen Waterfall. It is one of the most popular attractions in this area, widely-known as the “Little Niagara Falls” of Taiwan, a cascade-type waterfall similar to North America’s Niagara Falls. There are several viewing platforms near Shifen Waterfall, where the visitors can see the waterfall from different angles, even have a close-up look. Then head to the Shifen Old Street to experience the iconic tradition of flying Sky Lantern. Your tour guide will teach you how to release a sky lantern correctly, so you can fully enjoy the tranquil and peaceful moment. The street is lined with souvenir shops, sky lantern shops and eateries, where you can spend some time buying souvenirs or trying some local snacks before returning to Taipei.
IncludesTour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected) Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Yehliu Geopark entrance ticket Sky lantern launching experience Insurance
- Tour commentary is in Mandarin, English, and Japanese Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult The sequence and duration of tour stops may be adjusted according to traffic and weather conditions