My Guide Website?
Taipei: Classic Landmarks Day Tour35 Reviews
Explore Taipei's past and present on this day tour with an experienced guide, from historical National Palace Museum to modern Taipei 101.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Taipei:If youʻre booking your trip to Taipei last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Taipei: Guided Cherry Blossom Day Tour
- From Taipei: Taroko Gorge Day Tour by Train
- Taipei: Classic Landmarks Day Tour
- Taipei: Full-Day Pinglin and Elephant Mountain Tour
- From Taipei: Private Scenic Tour to Jiufen, Yehliu & Pingxi
- Learn about the history and background of Taipei’s historical landmarks
- Enjoy a guided tour of one of the world’s largest museums of Oriental civilization — the National Palace Museum
- Watch the guard changing ceremony at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Visit Taipei 101, one of the world's tallest skyscrapers
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 1 participant
DescriptionDiscover Taipei on this guided tour of the city and learn about the city's rich history, both past and present. After the pickup, visit the Grand Hotel, the first five-star hotel in Taiwan and learn why it has a secret channel. Then, head to the National Palace Museum, one of the world’s largest museums with a rich collection of nearly 700,000 pieces of ancient Chinese artifacts and artworks through 8,000 years of Chinese civilization. Continue on to visit the fascinating neighborhood of Dadaocheng, where streets and alleys present you with a mix of history and present, tradition and modernity. Then, marvel at the atmospheric Dihua for its chic cafés, traditional shops, and mini art galleries. Move on to the monument Cheng-en Gate, which was built hundreds of years ago and is one of the five historic gates in Taipei. Have a lunch break at Taipei's most robust Ximending Commercial District, where you can find Michelin-starred food, street performance, and unique Taiwan goods. After the lunch break, experience Taiwan’s religious practice and culture in Lungshan Temple, where the locals pray and ask for God's blessing by tossing the divining blocks. Later, go to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, an impressive monument honoring the former President Chiang that can’t be missed. Watch the guard-changing ceremony in the hall, and see their impressive movements in front of Chiang Kai-shek’s giant statue. End the tour with a visit to Taipei 101 Mall. The skyscraper beside it is one of the tallest buildings in the world. Go to the top and enjoy the panoramic view of Taipei city from the observatory deck.
IncludesLicensed tour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected) Local transfer by air-conditioned vehicle Entry ticket to National Palace Museum Local general liabilities insurance
- Tour commentary will be provided in Mandarin, English and Japanese Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult The sequence and time of stay at tour stops may be adjusted according to the traffic/weather condition