My Guide Website?
Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation from Taipei131 Reviews
Discover the natural wonders just outside Taipei on a full-day tour of the beautiful Shiding Thousand Island Lake and taste the local "pouchong" tea at the Pinglin Tea Plantation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Taipei:If youʻre booking your trip to Taipei last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Escape the city for the tranquil Shiding Thousand Island Lake
- Explore the tea culture of Taiwan at the Pinglin Tea Plantation
- Taste the local tea and learn how it is produced
- Learn about the development of Taiwanese tea at Pinglin Tea Museum
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 1 participant
DescriptionMeet your tour guide and driver, relax and enjoy a scenic drive along the twisty mountain road, we will take you to Shiding, a rural district of New Taipei City. Located in the south of Shiding District, Thousand Island Lake, also known as Qiandao Lake in Chinese literally means a lake with thousands of islands. Shared the same name with the famous attraction in Zhejiang Province of Mainland China, the catchment area of Feitsui Reservoir surrounded by hills creates a similar scenery. The natural terrain and climate make the surrounding area of Feitsui Reservoir ideal farmland for tea-growing, including the well-known Wenshan Pouchong and Dong Fang Mei Ren (literally means “Oriental Beauty Oolong Tea”). The noted tea plantation Bagua Tea Garden is located in this area too, from the top of the hill, the neatly planted rows of tea look just like the symbols of Eight Trigrams. Continue your half-day tour through a 15-min drive to Pinglin District, where the famous Wenshan Pouchong is cultivated. The first stop is Pinglin Tea Museum, a Hokkien-style Siheyuan (quadrangle courtyard house), where you will see the tools and equipment for tea harvesting in the past, and learn about the history and development of the Taiwanese tea industry. Coming up is a local tea shop. Your guide and the tea instructor will give an introduction to Taiwanese tea, and how to properly brew Taiwanese tea during your visit. Here you also have a chance to taste the tea samples. Your tour ends with a return transfer to your chosen drop-off location. Either at Xinyi Shopping District (Taipei 101) or MRT Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected) Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Tour guide Tea tasting
- Tour commentary will be provided in Mandarin, English, and Japanese.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The sequence and time of stay at tour stops may be adjusted according to the traffic/weather condition.
- This tour is not accessible to wheelchair users and people with physical disabilities.
- Each guest is allowed to bring one piece of carry-on baggage.