My Guide Website?
From Taipei: Beitou Hotsprings and Yangmingshan Volcano Tour70 Reviews
Discover the volcanic landforms of Yangmingshan National Park, with stops at various points of historical and cultural significance, including the Beitou Hot Spring Museum. Enjoy a relaxing foot bath after a day of exploring.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Taipei:If youʻre booking your trip to Taipei last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Taipei: Jiufen Village and Northeast Coast Tour
- Taipei: Din Tai Fung Restaurant Voucher
- TPE Taiwan Taoyuan Airport: Premium Lounge Entry
- Private Full-Day Northern Taiwan Tour by Car from Taipei
- Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation from Taipei
- Marvel at the unique volcanic landscape of Yangmingshan National Park
- Learn about the history of Taiwan’s Hot Springs
- Enjoy a relaxing natural hot spring foot bath
- Visit the world's first Urban Quiet Park certified by Quiet Park International
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 1 participant
DescriptionMeet your tour guide and driver in the morning at MRT Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station and take a 40-minute journey to the Yangmingshan National Park. Along the way, stop by the Taipei Public Library at Beitou. Located in Beitou Park and near Beitou Hot Spring Museum, it is Taiwan's first 'green library', and is one of the most beautiful public libraries in the world. It minimizes pollution and harm to the environment by using recycled materials and by being water and energy-efficient. Visit the Beitou Hot Spring Museum which was built during the Japanese colonial era. The Tudor-style building has a brick and wood facade and black tile roofing. The 1st level consists of a small bath and a large bath with a piece of Hokutolite Stone weighing 800 kilograms displayed at a corner. This is the perfect location to learn more about Beitou's rich hot spring culture and history. The next stop is Yangmingshan Flower Clock, the centerpiece of the Yangmingshan National Park. See the flowering plants which change by the seasons, where visitors can enjoy the bloom all year round. Visit Yangming Shu-Wu Mansion, also known as Zhongxing Guesthouse, which was the summer residence of the late president, Chiang Kai-shek. Today the mansion is an important site for Taiwanese culture and history. Afterward, you will visit the most popular spot in the national park, Xiaoyoukeng, which literally means 'little oil pit'. This is a post-volcanic geological area, where you can see and smell the steam rising from the ground, and feel the heat of a dormant volcano. See Qingtiangang, a lava terrace formed when the lava flowed north after the eruption. The last stop is Lengshuikeng, which means “cold water pit”. This is a barrier lake formed by the volcanic lava flowing down from the mountain. The hot spring water here is colder than the other areas hence its name. Before the tour comes to the end, enjoy a hot spring foot bath that gives relief to aching feet and helps release tension in the muscles. After the tour, you may choose to disembark at MRT Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station or Shihlin Night Market and enjoy the local street foods.
IncludesProfessional licensed tour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if the private option is selected) Local transfer by air-conditioned vehicle Hot spring foot bath Local general liabilities insurance
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult This tour takes place in Yangmingshan National Park most of the time, which involves lots of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes and casual wear are recommended As the temperature can drop dramatically in the mountain area, it's recommended to bring an extra coat The sequence and time of stay at tour stops may be adjusted according to the traffic/weather condition Each guest is allowed to bring one piece of carry-on baggage The minimum participant requirement is 1 person